Road Trip: 4-Week Series
Road Trip: 4-Week Junior High Series
This product, like all our resources, is a download item.
Are your junior high students ready for a road trip full of adventure, risk and uncertainty?
Road trips are both crazy and fun. It gets a little crazy on road-trips sometimes. You could have bad weather, car-sickness, or traffic. On the positive side, road-trips can also be a lot of fun. In this series, we’re going to look at Jesus’ life as if he were on a road-trip the whole time he was on earth.
The Road Trip is four week junior high series. Throughout the Road Trip series, junior highers will discover these truths:
1) We are invited to be a passenger on Jesus' road trip.
2) Have you ever experienced car sickness on a road trip? In life, we are all sick with sin and Jesus is the only one who can help.
3) Like coming to a fork in the road on a long trip, each day we have a choice to make - God's way or our way. While it is normal to wrestle with following God's will, God's way always leads to a better destination.
4) Every road trip has a destination. Jesus's destination was the cross and His resurrection. When we decide to follow Jesus, we begin our own road trip - a new life with Him.
Road Trip Overview
Week 1: The Passengers (Mark 1:16-20)
Takeaway Point: Jesus invites us to be passengers on his road-trip.
Week 2: The Car-Sickness (Mark 2:1-12)
Takeaway Point: Jesus is the only one who can heal us from the sickness of sin.
Week 3: The Fork In The Road (Mark 14:32-36)
Takeaway Point: It’s normal to wrestle with the will of God, but in the end God’s will is always the best way.
Week 4: The Destination (Mark 15 & 16)
Takeaway Point: Jesus willingly gave his life to pay for our sins, and his resurrection gives us a new mission.
What You Get
- Editable lesson in Word Document and PDF.
- You get to choose which one works best for you.
- Edit as needed and easily share with your volunteers.
- Complete PowerPoint slides. (and lessons with notes for PowerPoint)
- Artwork that you can use for promotional purposes (flyer, web banner, handout, etc.)
Each Lesson Includes:
- Fun opening game
- Creative teaching
- Engaging small group discussion questions
- Eye catching object lessons
- Cool video/visual illustrations
- Interactive small group activities